Forbes Innes Arena
Due to the restrictions announced on April 29, the Forbes Innes Arena will be closed until further notice as of April 30, 2021.
The TGCA would like to thank all of our wonderful partnered programs and clients for their patience at this time. If you have any questions, please contact Kevin, email@example.com.
As case numbers and hospitalizations have never been higher in our province, we’d like to encourage everyone to do your part in mitigating the spread of COVID-19 to keep everyone safe.
The Forbes Innes Arena first opened its doors on October 1, 1977 through the dedication, passion and drive by hardworking volunteers of the Thorncliffe Greenview Communities. When the rink was first built, it was a renowned arena in the Calgary area (with even the Calgary Flames, Chicago Blackhawks and Minnesota North Stars practicing here)!
The arena underwent a major renovation in 2010, and we are proud to host youth and adult hockey, figure skating, ringette and public skating.
- 185′ x 85′ hockey arena
- 200 capacity seating, not including standing room
- 2 heated viewing areas on either end of the ice
- Men’s and Women’s change rooms
- A Skate Shop
- Skate Rentals
- Ice rentals for practice, tournaments, teams, parties & fundraisers
- The TGCA very highly recommends that anyone, but particularly children, utilizing the Forbes Innes Arena uses a helmet.
- No strollers or chairs allowed on the ice.
- There are 6 Skate-Mates available for use free of charge.
- No food or drinks allowed on the ice.