Forbes Innes Arena
Due to the Dec. 8th restrictions announced by the provincial government, the Forbes Innes Arena is closed after Saturday, Dec. 12 until further notice. No further bookings can be taken at this time.
We’d like to thank our valued arena clients and program participants for their patience at this unusual time, and we look forward to seeing you again as soon as possible.
The Forbes Innes Arena first opened its doors on October 1, 1977 through the dedication, passion and drive by hardworking volunteers of the Thorncliffe Greenview Communities. When the rink was first built, it was a renowned arena in the Calgary area (with even the Calgary Flames, Chicago Blackhawks and Minnesota North Stars practicing here)!
The arena underwent a major renovation in 2010, and we are proud to host youth and adult hockey, figure skating, ringette and public skating.
- 185′ x 85′ hockey arena
- 200 capacity seating, not including standing room
- 2 heated viewing areas on either end of the ice
- Men’s and Women’s change rooms
- A Skate Shop
- Skate Rentals
- Ice rentals for practice, tournaments, teams, parties & fundraisers
- The TGCA very highly recommends that anyone, but particularly children, utilizing the Forbes Innes Arena uses a helmet.
- No strollers or chairs allowed on the ice.
- There are 6 Skate-Mates available for use free of charge.
- No food or drinks allowed on the ice.