The Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association (TGCA) has implemented the following COVID-19 policies for all facility booking representatives and guests to adhere to while utilizing the Forbes Innes Arena.
Upon signing the rental agreement, you are releasing the TGCA, Board of Directors and its employees from any liability due to Covid-19. Responsibility falls upon each person who enters the facility. All patrons who wish to enter the TGCA during the declared pandemic has the understanding of the increased risk of Covid-19. You will enter our building at your own risk. We encourage each group to pass on this information to its participants for review. TGCA has implemented the policies recommended by Alberta Health Services (AHS) to maintain safe operations, additional janitorial staff has been hired and booking durations have been reduced to allow our staff to disinfect as per the COVID-19 guidelines.
As a requirement all bookings representatives are required to return a signed copy of the rental agreement and payment is due via e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org upon receipt. As the demand for bookings has substantially increased no changes or alterations to the user agreement will be permitted. All user agreements/permits will be invoiced monthly to avoid unforeseen government facility closures. No refunds will be granted to any authorized (signed) user agreements.
Each team must have a Team Representative at every ice time who is responsible for ensuring all COVID-19 Guidelines are followed. REPRESENTATIVES: PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ALL YOUR PARTICIPANTS AND ENSURE THAT THEY HAVE READ IT. This representative must also keep a list of all players in attendance at each ice time in-case contact tracing is needed for AHS.
EVERY PERSON THAT ENTERS OUR FACILITY MUST DO THE COVID-19 SELF CHECK TEST.
If ANY symptoms are present, do not enter the building. Symptoms include, but are not limited to, FEVER, new onset of cough or worsening chronic cough, new or worsening shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose, chills, painful swallowing, stuffy nose, headache, muscle/joint ache, feeling unwell, fatigue, severe exhaustion, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, unexplained loss of appetite, loss of sense of smell or taste, conjunctivitis (pink eye)
TGCA strongly recommends that all facility users download the AB TRACE TOGETHER Application https://www.alberta.ca/ab-trace-together.aspx. The application can potentially help Albertan’s if they are or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19.
TGCA Expectations For Guests While Utilizing The Facility
Please follow the TGCA Forbes Innes Arena Guidelines during your booking;
- When entering/exiting the facility, please use the main doors, which are located at the North end of the facility. The entrance and exits will be marked with arrows.
- AHS recommends the use of face masks and gloves when you are in the facility.
- The maximum people allowed on the ice at any one time is 30. Each booking will be assigned 2 change rooms; our dressing rooms can only accommodate 10 players per room with proper social distancing. Available seating will be marked in each of the dressing rooms. TGCA encourages all participants to come dressed in their hockey equipment. Additional spaces in the arena foyer will be provided to each booking (Skate tying area only) Do not allow participants to dress in the hallway. 2 Coaches may use the referees room to change. No additional space will be provided for changing. TGCA recommends that participants wear a mask when in the change rooms. A supervisor should be monitoring youth in each change room and not allow any horseplay or roughhousing. Discuss with all participants prior to entering the facility that things have changed and if we want to continue this privilege it must be taken seriously to avoid additional restrictions or future facility shutdowns.
- TGCA encourages parents to drop off/pick up their children and do not enter the facility. Program supervisors should be at the arena entrance instructing participants where to go and keep an accurate count of the number of participants in each change room.
- We ask that participants do not enter the facility until 15 minutes prior to their booking. This is VERY important to reduce traffic flow. We have implemented 30 minutes between booking to provide our staff time to sanitize the facility between bookings. When you enter the facility, follow the arrows to your assigned dressing rooms and get ready to play, you must stay in the dressing room/foyer until notified by the coach or supervisor. You can then proceed to the player’s boxes. Please keep physical distancing as you head to the ice. After your ice time, you will have 15 minutes to vacate the facility. Showers will be limited to 1 person at a time. Please stay in your seating area until it is your turn to use the shower. It is recommended that you ask your participants to shower at home. As you are leaving the dressing rooms follow the posted signs to exit the facility. Go directly outside don’t not stop and talk inside the facility.
- Our vending machines and drinking fountains will not be operational. All Participants should bring a prefilled bottle that should not be shared. The faucets in each change room will be available, participants should use these amenities to wash their hands frequently and when safe to do so. (physical distancing)
- Coaches/team representatives are responsible for sanitizing their own equipment (i.e. pucks, pylons etc). They are also responsible for ensuring that participants are adhering to physical distancing requirements. Anyone that is found to be not following the posted rules will be asked to leave the facility immediately. This is very important, as AHS will be monitoring facilities for compliance.