Guidelines for the Forbes Innes Arena at the Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association
Sept. 17, 2021
Upon checking the “I agree to the terms and conditions” box on the payment page, you are releasing the TGCA, Board of Directors and its employees from any liability due to Covid-19. Responsibility falls upon each person who enters the facility. All patrons who wish to enter the TGCA during the declared pandemic has the understanding of the increased risk of Covid-19. You will enter our building at your own risk. We encourage each group to pass on this information to its participants for review.
If ANY COVID-19 symptoms are present, do not enter the building. Symptoms include, but are not limited to, FEVER, new onset of cough or worsening chronic cough, new or worsening shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose, chills, painful swallowing, stuffy nose, headache, muscle/joint ache, feeling unwell, fatigue, severe exhaustion, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, unexplained loss of appetite, loss of sense of smell or taste, conjunctivitis (pink eye)
Prior to participating, Participants must be made aware and acknowledge that although exposure to COVID-19 is unlikely, it is possible, and participants are participating voluntarily activities with a foreknowledge of the risks. Booking representatives are required to have a list of contact (names & Phone numbers) for contact tracing purposes.
Vaccination requirements for your Forbes Innes Arena rental (Renters Responsibility)
On September 20, 2021 at 12:01AM all guests entering the Forbes Innes Arena must be either vaccinated, have a medical exemption note, or have proof of a privately-paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of entry.
The TGCA complies with the government of Alberta’s Restrictions Exemptions Program, and all arena rentals and partnered programs must ensure that any participants in their booking or program are vaccinated or comply with the below restrictions.
The following are required for rentals for youths (under 18) September 16 – 19, 2021:
Indoor group classes, training, and competitions are permitted, but participants are required to:
- Screen for symptoms
- Maintain 2 metres distancing, except youth while engaged in physical activity
- Wear a mask, except youth while engaged in physical activity
- One Parent Spectator is permitted with each participant.
- Participants should not enter the facility until 15 minutes before their booking.
- Exit the facility 15 minutes after their booking.
The following are required for all rentals (12+) beginning September 20, 2021:
- Wear a mask, except while engaged in physical activity.
- Only vaccinated individuals are permitted in the Forbes Innes Arena.
The following dates are the deadlines for dosage requirements mandated by the Alberta Government. Upon signing this document, you are assuring that your rental participants are adhering to these requirements:
Vaccination date/doses deadlines:
Beginning Sept. 20 – all visitors entering the TGCA must be vaccinated with one dose of a COVID vaccination at least 2 weeks previous to this date.
Beginning Oct. 25 – all visitors entering the TGCA must be vaccinated with two doses of a COVID vaccination at least 2 weeks previous to this date.
The Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association reserves the right to check all guests’ vaccination status records or relevant documentation at any time. Please ensure that participants are aware they should have their records or documentation on their person while in the facility.
CONTENT DISCLAIMER The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak is an ongoing, rapidly developing situation. TGCA encourages its membership, clients and booking representatives to monitor publicly available information and to always follow federal, provincial and local health organization guidance and government mandates. This information is intended to assist TGCA booking groups with guidance when dealing with return to play guidelines related to COVID-19. The information provided herein in part is obtained from publicly available sources, including federal and provincial governmental entities and other leading trade associations and consultants. This information may vary and will be updated depending upon current situations. Further, the information contained herein are recommendations and protocols only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.
The TGCA thanks all guests, members, organizations, parents and tenants for their patience and adherence to these guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic. These measures are aimed at ensuring all parties’ safety and comfort, and will ultimately ensure that facility is open for leisure and fitness activities.
Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions will result in the cancellation of the groups permit. Refunds will not be awarded.
Forbes Innes Arena General Guidelines:
- The person making payment for this rental(s) is in charge of the ice/floor time, and is solely responsible for all damages to the dressing rooms and the building.
- All damages are to be estimated by the TGCA and paid in full by the signee before any further ice time will be made available.
- There is no liquor allowed in the building or on the surrounding property.
- The Forbes Innes Arena is a smoke free venue.
- You are to be out of the dressing rooms one half hour after your ice time.
- If cancellation is solely ours, the party will be reimbursed the amount of the rental, or an alternate ice time agreed by both parties will be made.
- Refunds will be granted if the facility is mandated closed by the Province of Alberta or the City of Calgary from the date the closure is in effect.
- The Thorncliffe Greenview Community association will not be held responsible for an injury/illness or death that may occur during the above rental agreement.