COVID – 19 Restrictions and Guidelines for the Forbes Innes Arena at the Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association. June 10, 2021, Stage 2 of the Alberta Government’s “Open for Summer” reopening schedule
The Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association (TGCA) has implemented the following COVID-19 policies for all trainers and clients to adhere to while utilizing the Forbes Innes Arena at the Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association.
Upon signing the rental agreement, or clicking the “I agree to the Terms and Conditions” on the payment page of the TGCA website, you are releasing the TGCA, Board of Directors and its employees from any liability due to Covid-19. Responsibility falls upon each person who enters the facility. All patrons who wish to enter the TGCA during the declared pandemic has the understanding of the increased risk of Covid-19. You will enter our building at your own risk. We encourage each group to pass on this information to its participants for review. TGCA has implemented the policies recommended by Alberta Health Services (AHS) to maintain safe operations, additional janitorial staff has been hired to allow our staff to disinfect as per the COVID-19 guidelines.
EVERY PERSON THAT ENTERS OUR FACILITY MUST DO THE COVID-19 SELF CHECK TEST.
If ANY symptoms are present, do not enter the building. Symptoms include, but are not limited to, FEVER, new onset of cough or worsening chronic cough, new or worsening shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose, chills, painful swallowing, stuffy nose, headache, muscle/joint ache, feeling unwell, fatigue, severe exhaustion, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, unexplained loss of appetite, loss of sense of smell or taste, conjunctivitis (pink eye)
Prior to participating, Participants must be made aware and acknowledge that although exposure to COVID-19 is unlikely, it is possible, and participants are participating voluntarily activities with a foreknowledge of the risks. Booking representatives are required to have a list of contact (names & Phone numbers) for contact tracing purposes.
TGCA expectations for users and spectators while utilizing the Forbes Innes Arena
Permitted as of June 10, 2021:
- To ensure that we have time to clean & disinfect the facility prior to your booking, do not enter the building until 20 minutes prior to your schedule ice time.
- Regular play of adult and youth sports is permitted. This includes practices, events, games, scrimmages, competitions, gameplay and league play.
- Spectators are permitted but must maintain a 2 metre (6 feet) distance from other spectators and remain masked while indoors.
- Close contact game play is permitted.
- Cohort/household intermingling is permitted on the ice during play.
- Parents/caregivers are permitted to accompany participant children into the building and assist as necessary.
Restrictions in place for indoor sports and facilities:
- Physical distance of 3 metres (9 feet) must always be maintained by any person in the facility not on the ice.
- Masks must be worn by all visitors to the facility who are not on the ice. (In change rooms, washrooms, before and after play.)
- Please follow all directional signage in the facility.
- The drinking fountains are not operational, please instruct all visitors to bring pre-filled water bottles.
Forbes Innes Arena General Guidelines:
- The person in charge of or making payment for the ice/floor time, will solely be responsible for all damages to the dressing rooms and the building.
- The renter has access to one change room and two goal frames.
- All damages are to be estimated and paid in full before the remaining contract is completed or NO FURTHER ICE TIME will be made available.
- There is no liquor allowed in the building, or on the surrounding property.
- The Forbes Innes Arena is a smoke free venue.
- You are to be out of the dressing rooms 15 minutes after your ice time.
- If cancellation is solely ours, the party will be reimbursed the amount of the rental, or an alternate ice time agreed by both parties will be made.
- Refunds or alternate ice times will be granted if the facility is mandated closed.
- The Thorncliffe Greenview Community association will not be held responsible for any injury/illness or death that may occur during the above rental agreement.
Anyone that is found not following the posted rules will be asked to leave the facility immediately. This is very important, as AHS will be monitoring facilities for compliance.
CONTENT DISCLAIMER The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak is an ongoing, rapidly developing situation. TGCA encourages its membership, clients and booking representatives to monitor publicly available information and to always follow federal, provincial and local health organization guidance and government mandates. This information is intended to assist TGCA booking groups with guidance when dealing with return to play guidelines related to COVID-19. The information provided herein in part is obtained from publicly available sources, including federal and provincial governmental entities and other leading trade associations and consultants. This information may vary and will be updated depending upon current situations. Further, the information contained herein are recommendations and protocols only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.
The TGCA thanks all guests, members, organizations, parents and tenants for their patience and adherence to these guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic. These measures are aimed at ensuring all parties’ safety and comfort, and will ultimately ensure that facility is open for leisure and fitness activities.