Community associations have the unique ability to mobilize, support, and interact with their residents to improve neighbourhood life in Calgary. Every day, they make significant contributions to the health, well-being, and quality of life in your community.
The TGCA is pleased to offer use of its facilities and amenities to the general public, but members of our association take priority in many cases.
Registered in 1956, the Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association celebrated its 60th Anniversary in September 2016.
Over the years, the membership has worked hard to build one of the largest community centres of its kind in Calgary. Today, the centre is primarily used by the membership for recreational, cultural and social activities, such as weddings, seminars, religious celebrations, children’s programs, seasonal community events and more.
The TGCA is pleased to keep our members informed on issues and topics that affect you and your neighbours, through your monthly community newsletter, our website, social media, and weekly membership emails. The board of the TGCA is active throughout the community in civic and infrastructure matters that affect residents directly.
What you can expect
Members of the TGCA can look forward to these benefits for themselves and their families:
- Opportunity to work at community bingos as program subsidies
- Reduced hall rental rates for family functions
- Exclusive offers from our Business Membership Partners
- Members-only skating times, free skating at public skate times
- Discounted bowling
- Access to our twice yearly racquetball league, and Pickleball programs
- Discounted fitness program rates
- Discounted children’s parties and activities
- Resident members are entitled to attend general board meetings, vote at TGCA annual general meetings, and run for a position on the board of directors or nominate a fellow member
- Advance notice of our very popular seasonal events, like the Jingle Bell Hop and the Halloween family dinner & dance
What does it include?
Your membership will include yourself, your partner/spouse, and any dependents/children that you have in your care-children over 18 years of age are required to have their own membership. It is an annual membership that begins the day you join or renew, and you will receive a secure account on www.tgcacalgary.com which allows you to:
- Renew your membership
- Register for programs
- Buy tickets to TGCA events, and receive membership ticket prices
- Book meeting spaces, event venues, bowling lanes, and racquetball courts at member prices
- Register for bingo shifts in our youth program fee assistance
- Sign up for volunteering opportunities
- Change your membership profile information, like address or email
Our membership fees are structured to enable Calgarians of all stripes to enjoy the facilities and benefits of becoming a member at the TGCA, but those who live in the Thorncliffe Greenview area receive priority pricing in accordance with our mandate as a community association.
We have a 1-year and a 3-year-membership (a 50% savings) for those who live in the community. To those outside of our bounds we offer a 1-year membership.
(Resident of Thorncliffe Greenview)
(Lives outside of Thorncliffe Greenview)
Prices are subject to GST.