Recreation: The TGCA Campground
Booking Currently Closed
Are you a member? TGCA Campground is available to you! Get the clan together and have some laughs in the Albertan foothills this season.
The campground resulted from a partnership between the 58th Scouts (our designated scout group) and the community association in 1990, and the Scouts still use the area today for outings. It’s a great area for RVs and many people tent there too!
The TGCA Water Valley Campground is located 45 minutes NW of Calgary, and is the perfect place to host a reunion, party or just plain kick back and relax! Located near Winchell Lake.
There are 3 sites available at the campground, and you can rent 1, 2 or all 3.
Weekends (Friday – Sunday) are reserved for 3 day bookings of either 1, 2 or all 3 sites, and single day bookings can be made on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursdays, of either 1, 2 or 3 sites.
If you’d like to rent the site for an extended period, please check the availability and contact the office to get a rental rate.
Book the campground here or in the office, and receive the keys for access during office hours.
Available for all TCGA Members on a first come first serve basis, so book yours well in advance, or you may be disappointed.
All renters must abide these rules and conditions, or risk the good standing of their TGCA membership.
Before booking your site, all campers must read, and thereby abide by, the Covid Pandemic Agreement & the Rules, Restrictions and Obligations of Use (bottom of page)
1, 2 or 3 sites
Single Day Rental
1, 2 or 3 sites
Campground rental rates
Number of sites
All Weekend Rental (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
One day rental
All 3 sites
Access to the site
In order to get into your booked site you must have keys. Keys are to be picked the day before your booking and dropped off the day after.
You can pick up your keys to the site when you’ve received your order payment confirmation. Please call 403-274-6840 ext. 101 or email email@example.com to arrange key pick up between the hours of 7 am – 3 pm, Monday – Friday – excluding stat holidays.
Please note: there is no electricity or running water at this site & the campground is available to members only.
Water Valley Property Covid-19 Pandemic Agreement
No gathering of more than 15 people is allowed in one indoor or outdoor location.
Campers shall maintain the “mandated physical distancing” distance of at least 2 metres between them unless the individuals are from the same household.
While using the campsite you must not include activities that could promote disease transmission.
- Exclude people who have any of the following symptoms from attendance: cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat (even if symptoms appear to be mild or resemble a cold)
- Reduce the number of campersor change the venue to allow for physical distancing
- Stagger the time of arrivals and departures
- Increase access to handwashing stations or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Increase the frequency of cleaning of surfaces that are touched often
- Promote personal protective practices (coughing and sneezing etiquette, hand hygiene)
COVID-19 can be transmitted by touching objects or surfaces the virus has landed on then touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Activities that carry this risk are not recommended, even with physical distancing in place, including:
- Communal meals: picnics,barbecues, drinks with fellow campers
- Outdoor activities that use shared equipment, such as horseshoes, baseball, touch footballand bocce ball, croquet
If you violate this public health order and proceed to hold or attend a gathering with more than 15 people, you may be subject to a $1,000 fine. (All individuals found to be in violation of gathering restrictions are also subject to a $1,000 penalty.)
If you are concerned someone is not following public health orders, you can:
- remind the person that not following public health orders is against the law and puts people at risk
- submit a complaint to AHS public health inspectors
If you cannot submit online, you can also call 1-833-415-9179 to submit a complaint by leaving a message when prompted. Please only submit a complaint once. Do not submit online and by phone.
Complaints that require an immediate response related to gathering restrictions or physical distancing can also be reported to your local police force through their administrative phone line.
In booking the camp ground, you agree to abide by the above rules, and agree to be responsible for the conduct of yourself and the other members of the group you allow to use the TGCA Water Valley property. You will be responsible for all costs, fines, and expenses to repair/restore or make usable and/or incurred on your behalf during the use of the site.
Rules, conditions & obligations of use
- No cutting, damaging, or vandalizing of live trees and vegetation.
- Site renters are expected to abide by and follow ALL fire bans when in effect, and are responsible for checking if there are any in place.
- ALL garbage and empty bottles to be collected and removed from the site.
- No hunting or firearms allowed.
- No removal of firewood from site.
- Quiet time between 11 pm and 7 am (respect our neighbours).
- No dumping of trailer holding systems on site (Dumping station at Crossfield).
- Please keep washrooms clean. (Lids down and pour approx. 1 cup of lime down the hole after weekend use.)
- Bring adequate amount of drinking water.
- Group booked into site has use of 1, 2 or 3 site(s) for the time period and number of sites booked. Booking one site doesn’t give you access to all three, and others may be coming to make use of the site while you are there.
- Please report all problems, items requiring repair or damage to site facilities found upon your arrival at the site.