Recreation: Forbes Innes Arena
Book the Arena
The arena is currently open for bookings as outlined below. Please note that announcements from the Alberta Government are being consistently released regarding recreation and the TGCA is doing its utmost to ensure the safety and comfort of all visitors.
The TGCA is currently permitted to book the arena for children’s programs and adult one-on-one training.
Please note the current March 1, 2021 pricing and prime and non-prime times outlined below:
Non-prime time: $100/hr, Monday – Friday, open – 5 pm.
Prime time – youth rate: $230/hr, Monday – Friday, 5 pm – close and all day Saturday and Sunday.
The Arena is available for booking under the following restrictions (guidelines as of March 1, 2021)
TGCA expectations for users and trainers while utilizing the Forbes Innes Arena
Age 19 and older participants skating indoors must be in one-on-one training sessions:
• Individual training sessions (lesson) must be scheduled/booked in advance. Group or Drop-in sessions are not permitted.
Individual practice and warm-ups are not currently permitted. Skaters must always be in a scheduled training session.
• Coaches must be providing active instruction and correction to the skater during the session.
Passive supervision is not considered training, consequently skaters must be in an active training session with a coach for warm up, training, and cool down while in the facility.
• A coach and skater may only interact with each other in the facility. Interaction with other skaters and coaches during a session is not permitted.
• A skater may not move between coaches for multiple sessions in a row.
• A coach may schedule more than one scheduled session per day. In between skaters, the coach is to sanitize all high touch areas.
• Coaches are to remain masked at all times; skaters are not required to wear a mask while on the ice but must wear a mask anywhere else in the facility.
• Physical distance of 3 metres (9 feet) must be maintained at all times including with other coaches and skaters
• One-on-One Family (from the same household) training is allowed.
Age 18 and younger participants skating indoors are permitted to be coached in private, semi-private (up to a maximum of 10) under the following conditions:
- No games, scrimmages, or contact play is permitted. Only skills and/or conditioning that allow for 3 metres distance to be maintained at all times are permitted.
- A group session may have up to 20 people divided in to two groups of 10. One certified coach required per group on the ice (2 coaches 18 skaters). Groups of 10 must not interact the center line divides the ice NO CROSSING THE CENTER LINE. 3 meters distancing must be maintained at all times.
- Coaches are to remain masked at all times; skaters are not required to wear a mask while on the ice but must wear a mask everywhere else in the facility.
Each booking will be assigned two change rooms. A maximum of 10 participants only (no parents) is permitted in each room. Booking representatives are encouraged to have participants come fully dressed for their ice time. 1 parent is permitted in the arena foyer to assist a participant tying skates in a designated area. Once the participant is completely dressed he/she must go directly to their dressing room and the parent must immediately exit the foyer following the posted signage.
The restrictions are not permitting volunteers, parents, spectators, skaters or coaches to congregate or gather creating a group setting in or out of the facility.