Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association Bingo House Rules
1. Bingos will be held weekly on Sundays and Tuesdays.
2. Minimum of 3 card purchase.
3. Must have admission slip for regular games to play nickel games or bonanzas.
4. Admission slip must be visible at all times.
5. No bingo will be honoured once the call back has begun.
6. Half Time Sales:
a) “First Half Sales” may be purchased at 50% off for regular games 1 to 14 inclusive. The special games that will be allowed are the nickle games, and the champagne glass/heart game.
b) “Second Half Sales” may be purchased at 50% for regular games 15 to 27 inclusive. The special games that will be allowed are the Bowling Lane/Anchor and Double action game, the Satellite bingo game and the Bonanza game.
c) Seniors discount will not apply to either the first or second half sales.
d) We will proceed to play the next level if our customer count exceeds 41 new patrons.
e) Eagle game and Bonanza game may be purchased the whole event.
7. Any bingo cards that are mutilated and/or altered will not be honoured.
8. In the case of multiple winners on regular, double, and triple cards; the total number of winners will be divided into the regular payout total. The winners then will receive for example: if one regular winner, one double winner, one triple winner, and one bonus winner and the regular game is worth $100.00; divide $100.00 by 4 = $25.00; the one regular winner gets $25.00, the double (2x regular payout) winner $50.00 the triple (3x regular payout) winner $75.00 and the bonus (4x regular) winner $100.00
9. Minimum payout on a regular card is $5.00, double $10.00, triple $15.00 and bonus $20.00
10. A ball shown on the monitor is not a called ball until announced by the caller.
11. Seniors discount of $3.00 on a $6.00 normal purchase of admission cards, on producing a valid ID card. Seniors described as being 60 years and over.
12. Games shall be played as listed on the schedule.
13. In the event of a dispute arising, the final decision will be made by the bingo manager.
14. No refunds will be allowed once regular bingo games have started.
15. Bingo workers are not allowed to play bingo while on duty.
16. Bingo workers are not allowed to purchase pull tickets or hot ball tickets.
17. The method of call back shall be as follows:
a) the seller/checker identifies the declared bingo(s) to the caller and verbally gives the caller the card number(s). If the prize value exceeds $500 or a pre-call is done, the seller/checker also gives the caller the card colour and series number(s).
b) The caller keys the card number(s) into the verifier to display the card face on the TV monitor.
c) The seller/checker compares the player’s card to that displayed on the monitor, confirming both card face and card number.
d) All displayed cards shall be left on the monitor screen for at least 5 seconds.
18. No alcohol beverages are permitted during bingo or allowed within the hall.
19. Any cheating or other irregularity, known or suspected, will be reported immediately to the AGLC.
20. We reserve the right to move players to make room for others.
21. We reserve the right to remove players from our venue.
22. No one under the age of 18 years will be allowed to purchase or play pull tickets, hot ball tickets bingo cards or Loonie Pots.
23. Pull ticket and hot ball ticket workers are not allowed to purchase any type of pull tickets when on duty as sellers.
24. All pull tickets and hot ball tickets are to be cashed in on the night of sale only.
25. No one under the age of 18 will be allowed to sell pull tickets, hot ball tickets.
26. Good Neighbour Cards will be given to the one winner, one neighbour on the left, one neighbour on the right and one to the checker of the bingo. (Four Good Neighbour Cards per winner.)
27. Thorncliffe Greenview Anniversary Special will be held once a calendar year.
28. Hot balls will be sold from 4:00 to 8:30 pm only to insure all tickets are sold. Caller will announce each hot ball series #xxxxxx on sale. After the sale of each box, caller will announce hot ball series #xxxxxx is now sold and new hot ball series #xxxxxx is now on sale. Caller will announce hot ball series #xxxxxx will be played on game #xx. The winner of the hot ball ticket will yell “Balls”. The caller will verify the series #xxxxxx and the ball #’s on the winning ticket. If the designated game ends before there is a winner, numbers will be called until a winner has been determined.
29. Bonanza game first Tuesday of the month will have 46 pre called numbers prior to the start of each bingo event. The bonanza will be the final game played at the end of each bingo event. If there are multiple winners, the prize will be divided equally between all winners. One more number must be called to win the bonanza consolation prize. If there are multiple winners, the prize will be divided equally between all winners.
30. Progressive Bonanza Game will have 42 pre-called numbers prior to the start of each Bingo event (except the first Tuesday of every month.)
31. No reserved seats under any circumstances.