COVID – 19 Restrictions & Guidelines at The TGCA Bowling Alley
The Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association (TGCA) has implemented the following COVID-19 policies for all facility booking representatives and guests to adhere to while utilizing the 5-pin bowling alley.
Upon checking the “Terms and Conditions” box in the payment page, you are releasing the TGCA, Board of Directors and its employees from any liability due to Covid-19. Responsibility falls upon each person who enters the facility. All patrons who wish to enter the TGCA during the declared pandemic has the understanding of the increased risk of COVID-19. You will enter our building at your own risk. We encourage each group to pass on this information to its participants for review. TGCA has implemented the policies recommended by Alberta Health Services (AHS) to maintain safe operations, additional janitorial staff has been hired and booking durations have been reduced to allow our staff to disinfect as per the COVID-19 guidelines.
EVERY PERSON THAT ENTERS OUR FACILITY MUST DO THE COVID-19 SELF CHECK TEST.
If ANY symptoms are present, do not enter the building. Symptoms include, but are not limited to, FEVER, new onset of cough or worsening chronic cough, new or worsening shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose, chills, painful swallowing, stuffy nose, headache, muscle/joint ache, feeling unwell, fatigue, severe exhaustion, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, unexplained loss of appetite, loss of sense of smell or taste, conjunctivitis (pink eye)
TGCA strongly recommends that all facility users download the AB TRACE TOGETHER Application https://www.alberta.ca/ab-trace-together.aspx. The application can potentially help Albertan’s if they are or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19.
The TGCA requires bowling participants to follow these guidelines to mitigate the risk to bowlers, staff and other TGCA visitors:
- As mandated by The City of Calgary, beginning Aug. 1, 2020, all bowlers, staff and other visitors to the facility MUST wear a mask while inside the facility, however it is permissible to remove your face covering while actively bowling.
- While wearing your face covering, please remain 2 metres apart from those not a part of your cohort.
- Wash or sanitize your hands when entering the building. There are multiple sanitizing stations and washrooms available to guests.
- Members must ensure they know the names, phone numbers of the guests they bowled with at their TGCA booking. Should there be an outbreak, AHS will contact you and require this information.
- Bowl with your chosen cohort.
- If you are not playing with a member of your cohort, please be aware of your spacing and attempt to stay 2 metres apart.
- When not on your booked lane, you MUST wear a face covering.
Parameters of your bowling lane rental:
- Bowling lanes are booked for one-hour time blocks for up to a maximum of 4 bowlers. Do not invite more than 4 people to your booked lane.
- Check in with the staff at The 56 restaurant & lounge before going to the alley, and they will give you your score sheet and bowling shoes.
- Please refrain from changing your shoes until you have reached your lane.
- Bowlers will be assigned a lane by The 56 staff, as the TGCA has limited lanes currently permitted for use.
- Bowlers are expected to remain in their lane. Gathering with other bowlers not in your group is not permitted.
- When your booking is over, avoid contact with other visitors in the bowling alley and return your bowling shoes to the marked bin in the bowling alley.
- Ensure that all trash, score cards are disposed of before leaving your designated lane.
Online cancellation policy:
When you have booked your court online, you can view your bookings in your membership account, as well as cancel your booking. Racquetball court bookings may be cancelled online with 2 days’ in advance of your booking date.
Upon checking the “Terms and Conditions” box in the payment page, you are agreeing to all of the above policies and protocols at Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association and its associated facilities.