COVID – 19 Restrictions & Guidelines at The TGCA racquetball courts
The Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association (TGCA) has implemented the following COVID-19 policies for all facility booking representatives and guests to adhere to while utilizing the racquetball courts.
Upon checking the “Terms and Conditions” box in the payment page, you are releasing the TGCA, Board of Directors and its employees from any liability due to Covid-19. Responsibility falls upon each person who enters the facility. All patrons who wish to enter the TGCA during the declared pandemic has the understanding of the increased risk of COVID-19. You will enter our building at your own risk. We encourage each group to pass on this information to its participants for review. TGCA has implemented the policies recommended by Alberta Health Services (AHS) to maintain safe operations, additional janitorial staff has been hired and booking durations have been reduced to allow our staff to disinfect as per the COVID-19 guidelines.
EVERY PERSON THAT ENTERS OUR FACILITY MUST DO THE COVID-19 SELF CHECK TEST.
If ANY symptoms are present, do not enter the building. Symptoms include, but are not limited to, FEVER, new onset of cough or worsening chronic cough, new or worsening shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose, chills, painful swallowing, stuffy nose, headache, muscle/joint ache, feeling unwell, fatigue, severe exhaustion, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, unexplained loss of appetite, loss of sense of smell or taste, conjunctivitis (pink eye)
TGCA strongly recommends that all facility users download the AB TRACE TOGETHER Application https://www.alberta.ca/ab-trace-together.aspx. The application can potentially help Albertan’s if they are or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19.
The TGCA requires racquetball players to follow these guidelines to mitigate the risk to players, staff and other TGCA visitors:
- As mandated by The City of Calgary, beginning Aug. 1, 2020, all players, coaches, parents, staff and other visitors to the TGCA and The 56 MUST wear a mask while inside the facility, the only exemptions being while on the court or in the showers.
- Wash or sanitize your hands when entering the building. There are multiple sanitizing stations and washrooms available to guests.
- Members must ensure they know the name, phone number and date they played with their fellow racquetball player at a TGCA booking. Should there be an outbreak, AHS will contact you and require this information.
- Play racquetball with your chosen cohort.
- If you are not playing with a member of your cohort, please be aware of your spacing and attempt to stay 2 metres apart.
Parameters of your court rental:
- Court play is 45 minutes in 1-hour block bookings.
- Racquetball players will be assigned a court by The 56 staff, as the TGCA has limited courts currently permitted for use.
- Players will have 15 minutes to use the change rooms at the beginning and end of racquetball court bookings. Face coverings must be worn in the change rooms, unless it players are in the showers. Please arrive in court attire, if at all possible.
- 2 players are permitted to use the change rooms at any one time. If the second change room is free, please use the free one and not the one that is in use.
- Changing clothing of any kind is not permitted in The 56, racquetball courts or hallways. Use the change rooms or washrooms to change your attire.
- Players are to leave their locker doors open after use to indicate the necessary disinfecting of this space to our staff.
- ONLY white soled, non-marking shoes are allowed on the courts. Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Safety lenses/glasses are MANDATORY while on the courts.
Online cancellation policy:
When you have booked your court online, you can view your bookings in your membership account, as well as cancel your booking. Racquetball court bookings may be cancelled online with 2 days’ in advance of your booking date.
Upon checking the “Terms and Conditions” box in the payment page, you are agreeing to all of the above policies and protocols at Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association and its associated facilities.