COVID – 19 Restrictions and Guidelines for Fitness and Meeting Room Rentals at the Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association
The Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association (TGCA) has implemented the following COVID-19 policies for all facility booking representatives, organisers and guests to adhere to while utilizing the TGCA rooms, halls and other facilities.
Upon signing the TGCA rental agreement and/or checking the “I have read and agree to the website terms and conditions” box, you are releasing the TGCA, Board of Directors and its employees from any liability due to Covid-19. Responsibility falls upon each person who enters the facility. All patrons who wish to enter the TGCA during the declared pandemic has the understanding of the increased risk of Covid-19. You will enter our building at your own risk. TGCA has implemented the policies recommended by Alberta Health Services (AHS) to maintain safe operations, additional janitorial staff has been hired and booking durations have been reduced to allow our staff to disinfect as per the COVID-19 guidelines.
All bookings representatives are required to return a signed copy of the rental agreement and payment is due upon receipt. During this time, we kindly ask that rentals are paid either online or over the phone using a credit card. As the demand for bookings has substantially increased no changes or alterations to the user agreement will be permitted. All user agreements/permits will be invoiced monthly to avoid unforeseen government facility closures. No refunds will be granted to any authorized (signed) user agreements.
Each rental must have a representative at every booked time block who is responsible for ensuring all COVID-19 guidelines are followed. REPRESENTATIVES: PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ALL YOUR PARTICIPANTS AND ENSURE THAT THEY HAVE READ IT.
EVERY PERSON THAT ENTERS OUR FACILITY MUST DO THE COVID-19 SELF CHECK TEST.
If ANY symptoms are present, do not enter the building. Symptoms include, but are not limited to, FEVER, new onset of cough or worsening chronic cough, new or worsening shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose, chills, painful swallowing, stuffy nose, headache, muscle/joint ache, feeling unwell, fatigue, severe exhaustion, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, unexplained loss of appetite, loss of sense of smell or taste, conjunctivitis (pink eye).
TGCA strongly recommends that all facility users download the AB TRACE TOGETHER Application https://www.alberta.ca/ab-trace-together.aspx. The application can potentially help Albertans if they have been in contact with someone with COVID-19.
TGCA Expectations for Tenants and Guests While Utilizing the Thorncliffe Room, Greenview Room, Board Room, Old Lobby, Multi-purpose Room and Horizon Room
Please follow the TGCA Fitness and Meeting Room Guidelines during your booking:
- As mandated by The City of Calgary, beginning Aug. 1, 2020, all players, coaches, parents, staff and other visitors to the facility MUST wear a face covering while inside the facility, the only exemptions being while engaged in fitness activity, and eating or drinking.
- While wearing face coverings, please ensure that those participating in your rental remain 2 metres apart from those not in their cohort where possible.
- Encourage all participants to use the hand sanitiser or wash their hands when entering the facility, hand sanitising stations and washrooms are located throughout the building.
- The maximum amount of people allowed in any indoor space at any time is currently 10. No exceptions.
- Organisers are expected to adhere to the Alberta Government’s cohort guidelines. If you are organising cohorts for your rental, do not permit those outside of cohorts to intermingle.
- Organisers are responsible for recording all participants’ names and phone numbers at bookings of any kind at the facility, as mandated by Alberta Health Services for contact tracing purposes.
- Gathering in the main lobby, outside the gym doors, hallways or stairwells, and other common areas is prohibited.
- If participants are utilizing the washrooms with those not in their cohort, it is expected that no more than 2 people are in the washroom at one time.
- Our drinking fountains will not be operational. All participants should bring a prefilled bottle that should not be shared.
- Organisers are responsible for sanitizing their own equipment.
- Ensure the rented space is vacated at the time indicated in your rental agreement to give the TGCA caretaking staff the time necessary to sanitise for the next rental.
- Food and beverages are permitted to be served at meetings among cohort groups. Food must be individually wrapped and buffet-style service is not permitted. Face coverings may be removed while participants are eating and drinking.
Anyone that is found not following these guidelines will be asked to leave the facility immediately. The TGCA takes these guidelines and responsibilities seriously and AHS will be monitoring facilities for compliance.
The TGCA thanks all guests, members, organisations and tenants for their patience and adherence to these guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic. These measures are aimed at ensuring all parties’ safety and comfort, and will ultimately ensure that facility is open for leisure and fitness activities.