Some parents won’t be taking their wee ghouls and ghosts out this Halloween, and who can blame them? Come to the TGCA Pumpkin Walk and give them a fun alternative – Trunk-or-Treat!
We’re looking for Halloween enthusiasts who’d like to get creative for a couple of hours on Halloween day for the benefit of a bunch of great kids!
The idea behind Truck-or-Treat is so fun and simple-it’s frightening!
- Register to display in the Pumpkin Walk for Trunk-or-Treat,
- Choose a costume or party theme for your trunk and come up with a fun way to decorate your open trunk, wear a costume if you’ve got one,
- Come to the TGCA on Halloween day at 11:30 am and get situated,
- Bring around 80 prepackaged treats and tongs or a candy chute to hand out to the trick-or-trunkers before they go to the judging station with their jack-o-lanterns,
- Enjoy the spooky spirit of the season, all the wee costumes, and make Halloween really special for a bunch of lucky local kids!
If you’ve got a vehicle, some spooky decorations, and a few hours to spare on Halloween day, the kids will be thrilled to see you and your display – and the candy, of course, don’t forget about the candy!!
Who: Any person with the spirit of Halloween in their heart. One person per vehicle, please.
When: Saturday, October 31 – 11:30 am until 2:30 pm.
Where: The east parking lot of the TGCA. Enter from the North, follow the signs.
Why: Because we can still make Halloween more fun and less scary this year!
Trunk-or-Treat display participants, please note all participants are to:
- Register for this event for capacity and contact tracing purposes,
- Wear a mask or face covering-so why not make it a fun one?
- Bring enough prepackaged candy for up to 80 children,
- Bring tongs or a “candy chute” or tube to deliver the candy to each child,
- Conduct a self-screening before arriving at the Pumpkin Walk event, self-screen here
- Have a bottle of sanitiser on hand, in case contact is made with another participant or child,
- Notify a volunteer if you suddenly have flu-like symptoms, and proceed home without contacting anyone and contact AHS for testing.
- Ensure that families are keeping a 2 metre distance from your display, and no contact takes place.
If you have any questions about participating in the Pumpkin Walk as a Trunk-or-Treat display, please contact Vanessa, email@example.com, or call 403-274-6840, Mon-Fri 9 am – 4:30 pm.